MISSION AND VALUES
Who we are
The IAA is the world’s most influential network of marketing and marketing communications professionals. Established in 1938, the International Advertising Association is the only global association that represents all spheres of the marketing and marketing communications industry. For over eighty years the IAA has played a strong role in supporting key industry issues such as freedom of commercial speech, self-regulation, responsible advertising, education and professional development.
On the ground, we have over 4,000 individual and corporate members spanning marketing, advertising, media, IT communications and academic sectors – all involved in the wide range of brand marketing and marketing communications disciplines. The IAA has presence in most markets through Chapters and education affiliates reaching across 56 countries where we serve the collective interests of the entire marketing communications profession, unlike other bodies that defend only the interests of the sector they represent.
- The IAA is committed to be the Global Compass of the marketing communications industry.
- We point towards excellence in meaningful creativity that helps our constituents remain true to the timeless principles of building strong brands and forging meaningful relationships with the consumers they serve and the society in which we live.
- We use our thought leadership, initiatives in education, continuous development programs and world-class conferences, to help navigate through the ever-changing areas of regulation, technology that empowers, and the aspirations of increasingly confident consumers.
- We are a unique network of marketers, advertising agencies, media, tech-companies and educators who are responsibly and constantly evaluating what is new, while remaining rooted to our core belief that “what’s good, is good for business”.
- Creativity that both inspires people to take action and solves business and societal challenges.
- Advocacy to protect and advance the freedom of commercial speech and consumer choice, while defending the responsible communications industry against unwarranted bans and restrictions.
- Industry Forum to debate emerging professional marketing communications issues and their consequences in the fast-changing environment.
- Continuous Professional Development of practitioners so they are ready to face the constant changes with practical insights of industry issues and knowledge of what’s coming next, to help better navigate outcomes.
- Education that nurtures student communities and contributes to career-readiness and speedier recruitment by exposing them to “best-in-class” curriculae .