Established in 1938, the International Advertising Association is the only global association that represents all areas of the marketing and communications industry. Our membership is drawn from marketers, advertising, media, digital and public relations agencies, as well as media companies, research firms and educators.
For over eighty years the IAA has played a strong and supportive role in key industry issues such as freedom of commercial speech, self-regulation, responsible advertising, education and professional development. With its influence, vast network and grass roots operations the IAA is the natural platform for the many issues that confront today's demanding and fast changing business environment.
IAA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect, share and protect business information.
What information do we collect?
Cookies and Similar Tracking Tools
We use "cookies" or similar tools, which are typically small pieces of information that are delivered by our web servers and stored by your Internet browser on your computer's hard drive or other computer or device storage. The information we store and transmit through these tools may also be used to facilitate the functionality of our website, to learn about your preferences and your visits to our website, to provide a more relevant online experience, and for other website operation and marketing purposes. When we send you an email, we gather statistics around email openings and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs (small bits of data on web pages) to help us monitor, evaluate, and improve our e-mails. Some advertisers provide you with choices regarding the use of tracking technologies to target advertising. In addition, your web browser may have functionality to block or disable cookies; however, your blocking or disabling cookies may prevent your use of various services on our website.
Types of Cookies
The cookies we may use fall into these categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, we cannot provide some of the basic functionalities of our website.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our websites. This information is primarily used to analyze website usage and improve the way our website works.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember the choices users make as they browse the site. The information they collect is anonymized and does not track your browsing activity on other websites once you've left the site. We share business interest information with third-party partner companies that assist us in data analysis. These partner companies receive web visit data along with results detected from cookies and tracking pixels. These partner companies help us deliver an important element of our service, which is the ability to detect "topical interest". These partner companies have undertaken to use data regarding individuals under conditions of confidentiality and not to disclose individual data
Other Information Sources
As well as collecting information from interaction with our website, IAA may collect information from interested parties when they respond to an email, advertisement, apply for membership, or other marketing material. From time to time we may acquire data from third parties including marketing partners. We may ask you for contact information. The personal information we store about an individualmay include name, job function and title, business or domestic address, business or personal email, business or personal phone, and social media handles.
We may ask you to provide information on a voluntary basis in order to get a clearer picture of our users. It is then entirely up to you whether you are happy to give us this information.
How Do We Use and Share Information?
We do not use this data to others in ways different to those outlined in this statement:
We will use the information to support our membership and draw your attention to our products, promotional material and commercial opportunities that you have requested or that maybe of interest to you. We mayalso conduct market research and surveys or contact you in order to fulfil our customer service or other obligations.
IAA may be required to disclose to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
We may share with advertisers, affiliates and other commercial companies with whom we have, or might have an association, unless you state otherwise during the registration or purchase process.
IAA and any third parties are contractually bound by all laws and regulations pertaining to data protection and online and offline communication in all countries where we operate.
You may opt-out of any of our databases or any purpose to which they are put at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address and telephone number listed below
You also have the right to access, free of charge, obtain a paper or electronic copy, review, correct and update all your personal information stored by us, notably to confirm its accuracy. Subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, you may also oppose to or limit the processing or your personal information or request that certain or all of your personal information be deleted from our files.
The General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on May 25th 2018. It applies to all data of residents of the European Union and European Economic Area. IAA is compliant with the requirements of GDPR including but not limited to justification, access, portability and security
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may report concerns to the Information Commissioner's Office in https://ico.org.uk/concerns/your country. For the United Kingdom, go to: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Access and Correction
All data subjects have the right to access their information, to correct it for accuracy, and to have their data removed You may exercise this right by emailing email@example.com
We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you agree that you provide this information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive information from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems. IAA has established policies and procedures for securely managing information and protecting Data against unauthorized access and we continually assess our data privacy, information management and data security practices. We do this in the following ways:
- Establishing policies and procedures for securely managing information;
- Limiting employee access to personal information
- Protecting against unauthorized access to customer data by using data encryption, authentication, and virus detection technology, as required
- Requiring service providers with whom we do business to comply with relevant data privacy legal and regulatory requirements
- Monitoring our websites through recognized online privacy and security organizations
- Assessing our data privacy, information management, and data security practices continually
- Conducting regular patching and maintenance of all IAA systems to ensure they are protected against current threats and intrusions
Data is retained on our file in accordance with legal requirements, the status of the data subject, and the data subject's choice and preference.
Transfers of Personal Information from the EU/EEA and Switzerland to the US
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles IAA commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union and Swissindividuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact International Advertising Association at the contact details mentioned below
IAA has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to United States Council for International Business, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit United States Council for International Business for more information or to file a complaint. The services of United States Council for International Business are provided at no cost to you.
These recourse mechanisms are available at no cost to you. Damages may be awarded in accordance with applicable law.
Under certain conditions, if you are not satisfied with the above recourse mechanism, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration
IAA accepts all liability with respect to transfer of data to third parties
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over International Advertising Association's compliance with the Privacy Shield
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. And to request access to the data we store about you, and to request the deletion or correction of the data. Please tell us your preference by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org the following address:
Changes toData Privacy Practices
If IAA makes material changes to our data privacy practices, this policy will be updated and posted on our website in order to keep you informed of how we collect, use, manage, disclose, and protect information. The policy effective date will be updated accordingly.
For more information regarding this Privacy Notice, you can contact us at:
International Advertising Association
511 Avenue of Americas #4017, New York
New York, NY, 10011
IAA Global IAA Global Platform
Acceptance of the Terms of Servicefor IAA Global Platform
This IAA Global Platform is offered and available to users who are members of the International Advertising Association and agree to its terms. If you do not agree, you may still enjoy all other features of the Organization's membership.
Accessing the IAA Global Platform and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or alter the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, and any service or material we provide on or through the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the IAA Global Platform is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, or the entire IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this IAA Global Platform or portions of it using your username, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The IAA Global Platform and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Organization, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the IAA Global Platform for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the IAA Global Platform or any services or materials available through the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM
If you wish to make any use of material on the IAA Global Platform other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
Online Membership Directory
The Organization name, the Organization logo, other Organization trademarks, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Organization or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Organization. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this IAA Global Platform are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material in contravention of local digital marketing laws
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Organization, an Organization employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Organization or users of the IAA Global Platform or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the IAA Global Platform in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the IAA Global Platform for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the IAA Global Platform or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, the server on which the IAA Global Platform is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM System.
- Attack the IAA Global Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack or other means.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
- Provide false information to seek any services/ benefits/ discounts that are reserved exclusively for IAA members. Failing to comply this may lead to your order/ registration be canceled without any refund
Any services/ subscriptions/ registrations purchased on the IAA Global Platform have a strict no-refund policy.
The IAA Global Platform may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose consistent with your account settings.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Organization, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE ORGANIZATION AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE ORGANIZATION OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE ORGANIZATION, SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any personor misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the IAA Global Platform is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This IAA Global Platform may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Organization, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Organization. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM
We may update the content on this IAA Global Platform from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the IAA Global Platform may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM System
Linking to the IAA Global Platform and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This IAA Global Platform may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM to certain content on this IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
- Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM
- Cause limited portions of content on this IAA Global Platform to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any IAA Global Platform that is not owned by you.
- Cause the IAA Global Platform or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the IAA Global Platform other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM
If the IAA Global Platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM linked to this IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the IAA Global Platform will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE ORGANIZATION NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE ORGANIZATION MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE ORGANIZATION NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE ORGANIZATION REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM SYSTEM, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE ORGANIZATION HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE ORGANIZATION, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM SYSTEM, ANY IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM SYSTEMS LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM OR SUCH OTHER IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM SYSTEMS OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM OR SUCH OTHER IAA GLOBAL PLATFORM SYSTEMS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This IAA Global Platform is operated by International Advertising Association
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the IAA Global Platform should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org